Alanatomy: The Inside Story

Alanatomy: The Inside Story

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I laughed like mad when he talked about trying not to appear gay while working in industrial factories and screwing it up by drooling at a French lorry driver and dancing to YMCA on the radio! That child actor was Oliver Savell – who appeared in Kenneth Branagh’s Belfast – and producers Baby Cow have now released a YouTube video showing Carr surprising him with the news. Carr hosted the radio show Going Out with Alan Carr on BBC Radio 2 (2009–2012), as well as releasing his autobiography book Look Who It Is! The book follows Alan’s life as an awkward child to just when his comedy career is really taking off.

I wanted to finish this because a colleague lent this to me thinking I'd love it and I don't have the heart to tell her how much I hate it, so I wanted to know all the anecdotes so that I can pretend-laugh about stuff with her. Born in Weymouth, Carr spent most of his childhood in Northampton, where his father, a former player and scout became manager of the local football club and remains an associate director.I found a lot of things out about good old Alan and the stand-up comedy world that I was not really into before, and maybe I will not be again, but not out of Alan's book (it is simply not my thing for long, I am more a comedy-drama girl myself). During that that quick rise, hasn’t lost the ability to talk about the mundane with a bouncy honesty, which is what sets this book aside from any ghostwritten reality show potboiler. I'd heartily recommend this to anyone who want's a light hearted heartwarming read and a bit of a giggle. Among his interviewees were Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Adele, Lady Gaga, Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Bette Midler, Mariah Carey, Lindsay Lohan and Miley Cyrus. Carr is gay, but does not consider his sexuality to be a focal part of his act; in 2008, he said: "I just think gay people need to get over themselves.

In fact, strange as it might seem, the things I hate about myself have become my trademark and I am slowly, begrudgingly learning to, if not love them, to at least live with them. He is obviously somebody that grew up in a football mad family and this is emphasised not only by who his father is but also how he has named the chapter headings. World No Tobacco Day, 31st May: Allen Carr's Easyway Celebrates Helping More Than 50 Million Smokers Worldwide" (Press release). Described as "a love letter to a time and a town where things weren’t always so inclusive" it recreates Carr's journey through adolescence and his experience as a gay teenager in the East Midlands against the backdrop of Thatcher's Britain.I'm really only familiar with his show Chatty Man, but the stories about his others shows and gigs were still entertaining. To think my dad got his knickers in a twist because I liked country dancing,” he says, as the footballers of Northampton Town share cigarettes in the communal bath. It was also interesting to read just how uptight a lot of comedians actually are behind the scenes, especially the ones who still haven't made it onto the professional circuit. Carr went to Weston Favell Upper School in Northampton and graduated from Middlesex University with a 2:1 BA (Hons) degree in Drama and Theatre Studies.

As a comedian, Carr’s DNA is 60% Williams, with dollops of a softer camp reminiscent of Frankie Howerd, Julian Clary, Larry Grayson and Dale Winton. Carr will star as himself in the present day, with Oliver Save ( Belfast) taking on the role of a younger Alan. Having come to know Alan more through his "TV personality" work, it was actually a bit of a jolt to be reminded that he was a stand-up comedian!In the book, Carr recounts how he grew up in the shadow of his father Graham, and was therefore expected to grow up to be a great football player, despite his childhood "puppy fat". This led to the release of a short-lived entertainment show Alan Carr's Celebrity Ding Dong (2008), and he went on to star in the comedy chat show Alan Carr: Chatty Man (2009–2016) which aired on Channel 4. Having read other autobiographies where I found myself laughing out loud frequently, this only happened once or twice during Alan Carr's. There was Palm Springs when he awoke after a night of apple martinis and saw Drayton had the imprint of a flip-flop on his forehead. If you've seen 'The Tooth Fairy Live' then you will recognise some of the anecdotes but it's still funny and what makes it even better is that whilst reading it, you can hear his unique voice in your head.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop